Saturday, April 11, 2009

Strikeforce Picks

Shamrock over Diaz by Unanimous Decision
Melendez over Damm by TKO
Radach over Smith by TKO
Santos over Akano by Demolition
Rogers over Humphrey by TKO

Yes, I'm going with all the favorites. No, I do not expect them all to win. The two I feel the least confident in are Radach and Rogers. A lot has been made of Rogers, but he's inexperienced and coming off a huge layoff. The Radach/Smith fight is basically a toss-up. I'm going with Radach because I think Smith's stock took an artificial jump thanks to the brutal first fight with Lawler (where Smith was losing).

I think Shamrock is a bad match-up for Diaz. There are too many options for Shamrock and too few for Diaz. I don't see Diaz winning the stand-up in overwhelming fashion. I don't see him submitting Shamrock. I don't see him being able to control him. Maybe a random punch or something, but that's about it.

No comments: