Monday, March 9, 2009

Jerk Judges

“One of the judges told me I lost the fight in the last 10 seconds, and that’s pretty hard to take.” - Jardine

Whether the judge was being honest does not concern me. I'm just wondering what type of jerk it takes to go up to a fighter who spent fifteen minutes giving his absolute all and tell him, "I woulda voted for you, if it wasn't for that combo you ate in the last ten seconds. Anyways, better luck next time, pal."?

Jardine deserves a bonus for not decking the idiot. I also do not like the concept of judges speaking with fighters. It opens up too many problems. Judges need to be impartial and it's hard to be that way when you "know" someone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If only Zuffa could sever ties with any sort of athletic commission, perhaps if all their events occurred internationally.