Monday, February 2, 2009

Another Accuser

I completely forgot about this one. Back in April of 2005 at UFC 52, Georges St-Pierre defeated Jason Miller. He's never specifically stated this blog entry was about St-Pierre, but you'd have to be brain dead not to figure it out yourself. I'm sure this is just a coincidence and another example of a losing fighter having sour grapes.
While locked in my tight guard, I noticed that for some reason I was have trouble keeping my opponent's head down. I practiced shirtless with my great training partners, and never had this much trouble keeping a guy from punching me. Was this guy uber strong or something? No(t) exactly. After a couple more stiff elbows to my grillpiece, I felt the familiar slick that I would get every day at kickboxing practice on my nose and eyes, only it was on my opponents neck, now up 2 rounds, Vaseline!

8 comments:

gugar said...

Miller doesn't lie about stuff. I always believed this story.

Anonymous said...

Wow, just wow... thanx for the info man - this blog rocks!

Sacterre said...

So let me get this straight. Miller has vaseline put on his face like every other fighter before whatever round this was. Then he gets his face wiped all over GSP's neck and chest. Then somehow (!) he feels vaseline on his nose and eyes (wonder where it might have come from), and concludes that GSP is #1 Either really strong or #2 a cheater.

You're becoming quite the joke, rearnekked.

Anonymous said...

Sacterre ,thats exactly what i said on the other post about BJ ,if you put your hands on a guys greasey face ,your hands are gonna get greasey ..and if you put your greasey hands on a guys back ...GUESS what his back is gonna be greasey cause you put it there !

Anonymous said...

It's against the rules to rub vaseline on a fighter's body.

End of story.

Anonymous said...

Actually the NSAC states that excessive amounts of vaseline or any other greasy substance can not be added to the face or body. Not that it can not be used.

Anonymous said...

Did anyone notice the "load" of vaseline applied to BJ's face before he got in the ring? Now don't you think some of that eventually would work its way on to GSP as well? Give me a break it any vaseline that negligently got applied to GSP is minor compared to what came off of BJs face onto GSP and would have made no difference in the end result. I'm sure GSP would be happy to beat the snot out of BJ again...its known as enjoying your work.

Anonymous said...

Jason Miller; the rest of the story-
Did I ever bitch about it afterwards? Nope. Why? What's the point? Would
it put the toothpaste back in the tube? No. As far as everyone saw, I
lost the fight, fair and square. Would it have made a difference if he
wasn't greased up? Maybe, but honestly probably not. He was the better
man that night, plain and simple.