Friday, October 24, 2008

Marcus Davis Is Smart

I wrote this quick post about Marcus Davis on Monday. By Tuesday I had thirteen different emails from readers in agreement. That's a ton for a two paragraph post about Marcus Davis. Any way, it appears Marcus Davis has had enough of being a second class fighter and wants to step up in competition. He told UK Yahoo:
"I like Chris and think he is a great guy but I don't know whether he deserves a fight against me. People always say that Chris is the 'gatekeeper' to our division, but I think that I am past the gate at the moment. I have spoken to a few people who have told me that they actually think Paul Taylor won that fight against Chris. I beat Paul in one round (in September 2007), so I'm just not sure."
Stick to your guns, Marcus. Don't let the UFC bully you into taking another lesser opponent. As a reader named"lionit" pointed out in the previous story's comments, Chuck Liddell was 34 when he began his 7 fight win streak that made him a legend. Any thing can happen, if they just give you a chance.

3 comments:

kimblows said...

Who could he fight?

Landon Tucker said...

kimblows:

Look at the other Davis post. Mentioned in that article was Diego Sanchez, Jon Fitch, Yoshiyuki Yoshida, and Karo Parisyan.

Cornu said...

good thing he had that surgery on his eyebrows so he won't get cut all the time anymore :)

Fitch vs Davis would be a great fight imo ;)