Tuesday, September 30, 2008

That's Odd

A story on Yahoo Sports UK is eerily similar to one I wrote a couple days ago. They managed to list the same potential bouts I did, which wouldn't be all that odd seeing how I have my information from a reliable UFC source. The thing that makes me suspicious is how they never mention where their information comes from. Mine came from Tatame and a source within the UFC. I am betting their's came from Rear Naked News and a source within the O2 Arena. Especially since Rear Naked News was featured on the front page of Yahoo's US MMA page all weekend. It seems some one in the UK office thought it's ok to take a story from a blog and not credit it. There is a growing pattern of this type of behavior from the supposedly "credible media". They hardly ever cite a blog as a source, but they have no problem taking stories from them, rewording them a bit, and claiming them as their own.

I have emailed Yahoo UK and am awaiting a response I surely will never get. At the bottom of Yahoo UK page, there is a comments section. If you think some thing is suspicious about this, let them know.

Update - Still no response from Yahoo. I have sent two emails. The comments are all messed up. All I can say is keep trying, if you feel strongly about this. A few have gotten them to work, and I thank them for their support. Also, thank you to all the readers who have emailed me. I'm glad others see my side of this and I haven't gone completely paranoid yet.

Since the comments are awful, here is a feedback form where you can tell Yahoo about the situation. The two links to include are:

http://rearnaked.blogspot.com/2008/09/ufc-returns-to-ireland-on-jan-17.html
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/30092008/58/ufc-close-dublin-bout.html


8 comments:

lionit said...

I can't get the comments to work. It says invalid comment everytime.

mextex said...

Same here! It's a giant conspiracy!

Anonymous said...

Yahoo blows. It figures their comments wouldn't work.

pufh31 said...

I can't even see the comments section. Tried with Firefox and IE.

one567 said...

I got mine in. It took me lots of tries to get the bottom section to show. Than a few to get it to go through.

Timmy D said...

I cant see the yahoo comment section either. I was going to leave a scathing remark but I cant even SEE he comments, AND on the "rate it" link there is ONLY a positive rating, you cannot select a negative rating.

hundred dollar man said...

I submitted a note on the feedback link.

None of this shocks me. Yahoo doesn't spend much for their news writers. It's probably some kid right out of college who copy and pasted his way through his last four years.

regredbull said...

I hate when big sites do this. They look at blogs like bastard children than take from them when they want.