Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Tito Ortiz Signs With Affliction

Tomorrow at the Affliction "Day of Reckoning" press conference the news will be official. Former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion and MMA superstar Tito Ortiz now works for Affliction. His contract is expected to be as big as his head and is structured in a way that makes it impossible for the UFC to match it (as they have the option to match any contract he signs). He will be fighting Renato "Babalu" Sobral on October 11 at Affliction "Day of Reckoning". I think this quote from Tito sums up how excited he is to be an Affliction fighter:
There's so much money to be made right now in mixed martial arts and it's all about the fighters trying to make that money. It's going to be a long-term deal where I put my heart and soul into the company and help build them.
I don't want to toot my own horn too much, but back on July 21, I wrote an article about the possibility of Tito Ortiz signing with Affliction. Then this week I stepped it up when my sources told me the deal was very close. Take a look around at other sites. They ignored the story. You can keep reading mediocre MMA news sites or you can come here. It's that simple.

5 comments:

Choker said...

You definitely called this one. No one else was even talking about today besides you.

Good work. Keep it up.

choker said...

For all the clueless people still relying on Sherdog, they don't even have the Tito story up yet. Hey, maybe they will post it by tomorrow morning.

chappyd said...

Breaking News from Sherdog!!!

Chris Horodecki is a free agent!

dachrach said...

Stop giving him credit. Dont want him to get a big head and turn into the other sites.

joesyboy said...

Sherdog still clueless.