Monday, August 18, 2008

Georges St-Pierre Joins Yardbarker

I have been holding this one back for a couple weeks, but it is now official. UFC Welterweight Champion Georges St-Pierre has joined Yardbarker. He will blog exclusively there and keep his fans up to date on every thing going on in his life. When Yardbarker first asked me to join their network, I was hesitent. They did not boast the best collection of MMA sites and their only fighter of significance who was blogging was Frank Shamrock. It seemed like Yardbarker did not care about Mixed Martial Arts enough for me to want to join.

An email exchange I had with the Yardbarker worker who recruited me changed my mind. He took my criticisms and agreed they had done a bad job with MMA, but he also made me believe they wanted to change things. He also mentioned they signed Georges St-Pierre and he would be blogging for them very soon. At that point I knew Yardbarker was being honest about their committment to Mixed Martial Arts and MMA fans.

From the look of GSP's first post, he seems serious about giving fans interesting things about his life to read.

(This doesn't mean I won't make fun of GSP any more. In fact, I might have to do it more than usual, so people don't think I sold out.)

6 comments:

dachrach said...

You told me it was Tim Sylvia!

lionit said...

Big signing for them. Glad to hear the news. More fans on there helps you.

chappyd said...

if he didnt write it himself, they have a french guy now working at yardbarker who has one job.

Anonymous said...

good move recruiting GSP...it will definitely bring you more mma fans! It brought me here..

MMA Chump said...

Good stuff. glad you finally made decision to join.

Dorothy Willis said...

GSP blogging on Yardbarker is what prompted me to go astray from Bleacher Report. I had three legitimate offers from magazines and refused to leave, but Georges is my favorite fighter and now my favorite blog writer. I have never been so elated!